I just gave some money to Greenpeace. Why?
- Because it’s Father’s Day.
- Because my daughter will need to contend with all the environmental havoc that her father and her father’s father have wreaked on the earth.
- Because the young canvasser and her young mates receive so much rejection and someone from my generation should give them a bump. Even though she told some white lies to get my donation.
- Because they take direct action. And direct action will be needed to help shut this baby down.
- Because I could get away with only giving my name and so I won’t have to get any crap from them.
- Because they gave me a nice sticker. And it’s biodegradable.